N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

For Art Basel Miami 2013, Natural IS Cool Enough was Part of the PULSE!



 


Today, with some hesitation, as I was very interested in experiencing a lazy Sunday, I headed out with my husband to experience the new museum in Miami entitled the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) and then the Contemporary Art Fair, PULSE, both part of Art Basel Miami 2013.  They were wonderful!  I had no expectations for either as I am a New Yorker and have been exposed to such a substantial level of art that often times, I am let down only to have had my expectations met, besides New York City, in Paris and some museums in China.  But, I must say that PAMM holds its own. The exhibits at PAMM were interesting, entertaining and compelling.


PULSE Miami was equally enjoyable.  This event was curated beautifully with wonderful pieces and truly exhibited that Natural Is Cool Enough based on a number of the pieces, which are below. I enjoyed these exhibits and so many others immensely knowing that within the midst of all of the fantastic pieces shown, there were artists who recognize the beauty of natural hair and that is indeed N.I.C.E.!







Although Art Basel ended today and PULSE will be heading to other cities, PAMM is in Miami to stay.  You may want to check it out if you're in or visit Miami.  I will be keeping a close eye on it to determine if pieces will be displayed in the future exemplifying that Natural Is Cool Enough.
That would be N.I.C.E.!


No comments: