N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Black Dolls with Natural Hairstyles: Truly N.I.C.E.


When I was a little girl, I loved my dolls.  I had some Black dolls, because my mother would search for them, but most of them were white.  I had Barbie and Shirley Temple and other dolls that did not look like me.  When I had my little girl, we were fortunate.  At that point there was Black Barbie and Skipper and other black dolls were available, looking beautiful, but they all had long straight hair, unlike my daughter's beautiful, long, kinky hair.  I was thinking about this and decided to find out the status of Black dolls today and I located a treasure that I am delighted to share with you; I found Black dolls with locks, braids and all types of natural, kinky hair styles (both males and females).  I felt like a little girl again.  How exciting!  These dolls truly brought a smile to my face.  The artist is Loanne Hizlo Osslie of Tabloach Productions, Inc. For  information about her, chek out this link:  http://www.tabloach.com/.  Truly, this is fantastic.  For all of you who have children in your lives, you may want to spend some time learning about this or perhaps you're a doll fan yourself and want to add to your collection.  I have dolls from all over the world that I purchased for my daughter and my own collection.  Cultural competency and dolls (Hizlo makes dolls of many cultures): Black naturalista dolls....That's a true indication that N.I.C.E.!


 
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

They are adorable! I love the natural styles!

Savoy said...

Awah! I absolutely love these! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The Ken dolls are so handsome! Hahaha!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the blog. The dolls are stunning. I am in the process of creating my own doll design with a realistic look of the Caribbean. thanks for sharing.

gwen said...

Hi my name is Gwen
My custom barbies are made in the purpose to help create and promote a healthy self-image and increase self-esteem of all the many types of African American girls. As parents we must teach our children how to love instead of hate...but the love starts with self... When you love yourself its easy to love others. I am looking for a forum to promote my Custom Barbies with like minded people. I have attached some photos of my newest barbies. You can also check out my websites.....http://dymepeace.wix.com/dymepeacedollhouse for orders and information and http://www.etsy.com/ and search my shop DYME PEACE DOLLHOUSE
Throw away those Barbies with the tangled hair and
Show them how beautiful they are...
All custom Barbies are made with non-flammable Hi-tech fiber Hand Made hair and some with 100% Human hair.

Unknown said...

et on les trouve où ces poupées?

Unknown said...

How do u order a doll the website above isnt working for me