N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Reflection Exception Continues: Look at What is at Stake!


As the saga of the BP Oil Spill continues, my words remain focused on this crisis.  I followed through on my previous post and traveled to the Keys this weekend to pay homage to the ocean. The Keys are threatened by the BP oil spill which has already decimated parts of the coasts of Louisiana and Mississipi and the Marshes in both of those areas.  Wildlife continues to die from both the chemical dispersants and the oil.  It is the 35th day of the spill and oil is still spewing into the ocean in untold amounts.  So, in the spirit of N.I.C.E., I continue my reflection exception (essentially, I am deviating from my discussion of natural hair momentarily) to share my perspective about this national tragedy. This is the worst environmental tragedy in the history of the United States.  We must pause and reflect on this.  Please check out this website for intense photos of this ongoing tragedy http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/oil_reaches_louisiana_shores.html. BP will make an attempt on Wednesday, once again, to stop the spill. Until then, we must remain vigilante with our thoughts, as this cannot go on!  It is a tragedy and a crime.  Please look at the pictures below and know what is at stake. I share them with you knowing the consciousness we share in terms of our hair. Let your voices be heard on the side of nature because we know that Natural is Cool Enough! All  photos were taken in Bahia Honda, State Park in the Keys (Florida) on May 23, 2010.

No comments: