N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Nourish Your body, Nourish Your hair: A Natural Approach!

There is no doubt that healthy foods can benefit one's natural hair.  When I was growing up, there was always fresh, scrumptious food on the table, for every meal, as my mother cooked delicious meals daily.  There was no fast food served in our home during  my childhood.  My mother had a beautiful garden and I would go to it with her, with bowls in hand, to pick fresh fruits and vegetables.  But, many of the dishes that she made, since she was born and raised in Georgia, were what is classified as "soul food."  The problem there is that although the food was incredibly tasty, the preparation techniques were sometimes not the healthiest.  For example there were fried and heavily seasoned dishes and  recipes that, as I have learned, require modification toward health.  Hence, I undertook that step in my new book! 

My mother's name was Effie and near the end of her life, I sat down with my niece Vivian, who was a very young girl at the time, and we recorded my mother's recipes.  I then took each of those recipes, which I usually prepare on certain special occasions and modified them with healthier ingredients such as hormone and antibiotic free meats and poultry, Himalayan pink salt, organic ingredients and beyond.  I also included a few recipes from my mother-in-law, Justine, as she was first generation American, from a family of individuals from the Cape Verde Islands, which comprise an African nation off of the West Coast of Africa. The book also includes recipes that I found during my World travels and modified them.

In short, caring for our bodies naturally, including what is put into them, nourishes every fiber of our being including our hair, of course, so I hope all of the readers of N.I.C.E. will enjoy my new book entitled:  Effie's Soul Food Recipes and More...With A Healthy Twist!  You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Effies-Soul-Recipes-Healthy-Twist-ebook/dp/B00K2NLEKK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1399309969&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=Effie%27s+Soulfood+Recipes

All you need to read it is the free app per the link below which you can download to a Smart Phone or a Computer or a tablet or a Kindle. Then, you can download any book offered by Amazon kindle! Enjoy! http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000493771

Also, for foods that are specific to maintaining beautiful hair, check out this article: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2011/10/10-foods-for-healthy-hair/

The bottom line is that embracing the reality that Natural Is Cool Enough, in terms of our hair, is just the beginning of our understanding that nourishing our body nourishes us inside and out, including our hair!

1 comment:

isotroin 10 mg said...

Isotretinoin 10 mg is closely related to vitamin A derivatives. Isotroin 10 mg is associated with a group of drugs called retinoids, which are used to treat severe acne. The store is utilized to sell the best prescriptions at reasonable costs.