N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sesame Street Gets It!

The big question that often comes up is how should Black/African American people, in a society that often emphasizes that natural is Not cool enough, help Black/African American Children understand that natural is cool enough?  How should one go about teaching them that wearing their hair naturally, as it grows out of their scalp, is beautiful, wonderful and an expression of outward beauty.  It appears that Sesame Street has embraced the notion of fostering this idea in the minds of children.  Below is a link to a video called I LOVE MY HAIR.  This video expresses the fact that N.I.C.E. in a wonderful way for children.  Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxGImLRRXo. Truly,  N.I.C.E!

I LOVE MY HAIR (Image from Sesame Street Video)

No comments: