N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lauryn Hill: This Sister Knows That Natural Is Cool Enough!

In this picture, Lauryn Hill is performing at a Homecoming event at the University of Miami in Florida.  I had read several reviews about her comeback, in various venues, and most of the comments were unfavorable. However, my opinion, after going to her concert, is that she is still amazing on a number of levels.  First of all, she sang some of her new songs and some of her old jams as well adding a new touch to them that expresses who she is today, a more mature Lauryn.  She seems a bit mor seasoned by life, more hardcore and intense.  I like what I heard but I especially liked what I saw...a serious, natural Afro, essentially what one would have called,  back in the day, a "Fro."  Her hair is a true statement of her consciousness.  It is almost as if she is saying, through her natural, for those of you who may think I have changed during my hiatus to raise my children, do know that I am still conscious, I am still natural and I am still your soulful sistah!  To me, Lauryn, without a doubt, is self assured in her understanding that N.I.C.E.!

No comments: