N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dr. Oz Says Natural Is Cool Enough: That's N.I.C.E.!

     Recently, I was watching the Dr. Oz show and I was pleased with what I heard and saw.  Dr. Oz, along with his  guest, were breaking down the ills associated with wearing a perm.  It really was not new information but it was refreshing to see that dialogue regarding the use of dangerous chemicals in one's hair, in order to make it straight, is becoming part of the main stream dialogue.  So, below you will find the video link on this topic.  I think that at the very least, you will find it interesting. The title of the piece is "The Dangers of Hair Straighteners".  The information that is provided about Keratin is also very interesting. Th detail presented in this film fortifies the fact that N.I.C.E.!
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dangers-hair-straighteners-pt-1


Thumbnail
    Chris Rock covered this detail thoroughly in his film "Good Hair."  However, perhaps getting this information out on a wide scale, through a mainstream, network, popular television program will have a far reaching effect.  At the end of the day, armed with information, better decision making is possible and women can consider the natural approach for managing their hair, seriously.  This has been a very, very hot summer, so some may ask, if not a perm, then what?  Weave perhaps?  I'm not sure how to respond to such  questions because I know that my natural hair (locks) is so hot on my head that for the most part I am wearing it in all kinds of updo's because it is long. I have fun coming up with new ideas to keep it up and it is generating a natural creativeness that I thoroughly enjoy.  If I had a weave on my head, which would feel like I was wearing a wool hat in 90-100 degree weather, I think I would absolutely pass out from the heat.  When I see individuals patting and scratching their heads with whatever they can get their hands on (pencils, pens, letter openers, etc.) I feel absolutely and truly sad.  So, perhaps reflecting on the video above and thinking about the freedom of wearing natural hair without having to use seriously dangerous chemicals or participate in furious scalp patting and scratching, will move all toward the goal of realizing that N.I.C.E.

No comments: