N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

A N.I.C.E. Update and New Info. About How to Get Inexpensive 100% Shea Butter, the Use of Castor Oil for Your Hair, for Moisturizing and Growth and My New Naturalista Video!

     First, let me begin by telling you about my new video venture.  It is entitled "Mandarin Language One--Learn With A Naturalista While I Learn (Intro., Numbers and Colors)."  Since I am studying Mandarin,  I thought I would add this to my repertoire of things to share with N.I.C.E. readers. I hope you enjoy it as there will be many more as I will be sharing my travels in Asia from a naturalista's vantage point with more videos to come on language and more!


SHEA BUTTER 

     Next, I want to share  my shea butter find!  Each week I go to a natural market in my community. There is a man from Senegal there, who sells 100% African Shea Butter.  He has given me permission to share his e-mail address because he will mail it to anyone who places and order.  So below are images of the shea butter and his information.  If you need it, now you have a place to find it, at a very good price.

E-mail address to order Shea Butter: africorganics@gmail.com.


 




CASTOR OIL

     The next tidbit of info. that I want to share is the use of  Castor oil on your hair.  In my quest to minimize/eliminate the use of product, I found an approach that really is wonderful for moisturizing. When I was a young girl, my mom would give me a hot oil treatment on occasion.   This consisted of her taking some type of oil (I don't know what she used) in  a small bottle, warming it up in hot water,  putting the warm oil generously in my hair and then rinsing it out about an hour or two later. So, I have returned to this approach for my locks with fantastic results. After reviewing some information and and trying it out, I mixed  a small jar of one part extra virgin olive oil and one part castor oil (cold-pressed). Both were in my house, so there was nothing to buy.  I then warmed it up, put it generously in my hair, put a plastic cap on and went about my business for two hours doing things around the house and then I rinsed it out in the shower.  My hair felt silky smooth and wonderfully moisturized afterwards!  I towel dried my hair and then added 20 drops of essence of frangipani (the flower that Hawaiian leis are made from) oil (that I had acquired in my trip to Bali last summer) to the castor oil and olive oil mixture and twisted my locks with small amounts of it, giving my hair a little more moisture and a beautiful smell.  I have to say, this was a true gift to my locks.  They are shiny and smooth and the moisture has lasted for days.  I will not do another hot oil treatment for awhile and I will intermittently use shea butter or the remaining castor oil, olive oil and frangipani mixture after my next wash and beyond.

Basically, that is all I have to share today.  Below, you will find a very informative video about Castor Oil and natural hair so check it out to see what you think!  As for me, I think this is in line with my product minimalist approach to using only what is natural on my hair and that is definitely N.I.C.E.!

Here is a fantastic Video about Castor Oil:



No comments: