N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Black Students and Hair Care Options: An Interesting Article


I ran across this article regarding Black Students and Hair Care Options.  As a Black Professor with Natural Locs, I often find that hair is often a discussion with my students.  This may be because I also give a lecture entitled "Getting Down to the Roots"  which traces the history of African Hair from the Continent prior to slavery, during the slave period in the Americas, up to current day.  Nevertheless, I do believe it is a topic of frequent and interesting conversation.  To that end, I'm sharing an article that I think is worthy of discussion. Check it out and I hope you will share your thoughts.  From your perspective, do you think that this article can lead one to conclude that Natural is Cool Enough for Black women college students?

http://www.dailytarheel.com/content/black-students-seek-hair-care-options

No comments: