N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Friday, April 16, 2010

More Black Women Naturalista's in Print and Television Ads?

Of late, I have been noticing that there are more Black women wearing their hair naturally in print and television ads than in the past.  At first I thought I was mistaken and that it was minimal.  But the reality is that this is really happening on a significant scale.  I have discussed this with several people and all have agreed with me.  So, I have decided that I will be paying close attention to this and try to note Black women naturalistas in television whenever I see it.  In my discussions about more black women naturalistas in print ads, the question that has surfaced concerns whether or not this is a fad or a true change in thinking on the part of Black women and marketers.  I am curious?  What are your thoughts about this?  I think it would be cool if we can note whenever we see a a black woman wearing her hair naturally in print or  television ads.   Here is a photo of one of the ads that I saw. 

No comments: