N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Fabulously N.I.C.E. Hair Meeting at the University of Miami!

On November 5, Natural Is Cool Enough had another exciting meeting at the University of Miami.  The purpose of the meeting was for sisters with Natural Hair to get together and share their hair stories while breaking bread and learning from each other.  We discussed our hair journeys from childhood to adulthood and the many transitions that we went through as we struggled and came to grips with the beauty of our natural hair.

I have had my locks for 22 years now so I am firmly and staunchly a naturalista, considering no other possibility.  Weave, perming or any kind of chemical processing is no longer a part of my reality and for me personally, it seems farfetched.  But this is not the case for everyone.  There was spirited dialogue about the definition of natural hair (some expressed that it is only your hair as it grows out of your scalp without any chemical processing, while others stated that braids and twists, using extensions, should be included) as well as discussion about whether there is a natural hair revolution going on in the United States.  We discussed how many advertisements for everything from clothes, to food, to banking etc. are depicting African American women wearing their hair naturally, as it grows from their scalp, braids and twists. From my vantage point, this is an indication that it is becoming clear to society that Natural Is Cool Enough, which is N.I.C.E.!

In an upcoming post, I will be be sharing a N.I.C.E Project that will take place during Black History Month and will be asking you to take a quick 10 Question Survey!  I hope you will participate.  In the meantime, here are some photos from our N.I.C.E. meeting and the beautiful ladies that participated.  Sisters, you exemplify N.I.C.E. fabulously!



Also, special recognition goes out to the young lady below as she only worn her hair naturally (her hair texture as it grows from her scalp) since birth and she is now in college. That is truly N.I.C.E.!  We are hoping she will share her hair story with us soon.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is expensive hair extension is more better than regular extension?

Regards,
Luxury Hair extensions