N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Winner # 1 of "What to Do With My Natural Hair" N.I.C.E. T-shirt Contest. Congratulations Wanda!

Written by N.I.C.E. member Wanda:
When I first went natural, I wore wigs most times because I didn't know how to style my hair along with the fact that it took me three hours to comb out the naps. Once my hair became too long for the wigs, I started wearing, what I call fake twists using Bob Marley hair braided in. Then when my hair was shoulder length, I went for the Dreadlocks that I always wanted, I especially love when my dreadlocks are cornrowed. I only use three products on my hair. I started out using any type hair (grease) product that had tar in it. It was the only thing that healed my scalp from the damamge that was caused by perms and manifested itself in the form of psoriosis. I also used SoftSheen-Carson Wave Nouveau, Moisturizing Finishing Lotion. My main product that I use and has help my hair look like the indian that I thought I had in me is a product called Taliah Waajid from Black Earth Products, Protective Mist Bodifier.
http://www.naturalhair.org/protectivemistbodifier8oz.aspx

No comments: