N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sister Ivy League Dean That Rocks Naturally: Pamela Y. George

Pamela Y. George has been at Yale since August, 1999 where she spent a decade as the Director of the Afro-American Cultural Center and Assistant Dean of Student Affairs.

For nine years she also served as administrative director for the Science, Technology and Research Scholars Program (STARS), the Beckman Science Scholar Program, the Freshman Ethnic Counselor Program and the Amy Rossborough Fellowship. On top of all of that, she has  an extensive background in clinical psychology and therapeutic practice. She is currently the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs at Yale.

I am particularly excited about this sister wearing her hair naturally in the halls of academia because she is doing so at my Alma Mater, because I  an alumna of Yale University as I graduated from the Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health and my husband and son also graduated from Yale.

To learn more about Pamela George, visit: http://yalecollege.yale.edu/content/officedetail/552




 You are a Sister Dean that Rocks Naturally and N.I.C.E. Saltues you!  Your courage to wear your hair naturally in the halls of as an Administrator of a prestigious Ivy League institution is worthy of praise.
Rock on Sister Pamela George!



No comments: