N.I.C.E.

N.I.C.E.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The N.I.C.E. Olympic Top Choices for 2012: Aries Merritt and Jason Richardson!

The Olympics are over and I must say I am already looking forward to Brazil in 2016.  The athletes were fantastic this year and of course, in addition to observing their skills,  I was also observing their do's to see which athletes had the perspective that Natural Is Cool Enough for the Olympics.  There were many but two that stood out were Jason Richardson and Aries Merritt, both  110 Meter Hurdlers who won silver and gold, respectively. N.I.C.E. sends a  shout out to these two amazing brothers for their athletic excellence and their hair choices...Fabulous!

Interestingly, per the quotes below, both of them had comments about their hair.

Jason Richardson: "I am the crazy, skinny guy with the hair.  I definitely think I am a kind of Samson," the 26-year-old said. "I think there is a lot of power and majesty in my hair. "I wouldn't feel like myself if I didn't have my hair."

So, Jason Richardson, after first acknowledging your fantastic athletic skills, N.I.C.E. chooses you as an Olympic Top Choice for 2012 for your natural and beautiful locks and congratulates you for winning a silver medal!
***
Also, after first acknowledging, you, Aries Merritt, for your excellent athleticism,  N.I.C.E. also selects you as an Olympic Top Choice for 2012 for your wonderful cornrowed and individual braided style  and congratulates you for winning a gold medal!

Aries Merritt: "I always have to pull it back," Merritt said. "I don't want to say it is a distraction, but I don't want it to get in the way.  I don't have a name for it," he said. "It's just conrows and the rest is braided individually in the back.  It takes a little time to make it look nice, but it's all for show."

And a beautiful show it is Aries....Thanks for showing the world that for the Olympics, Natural is Cool Enough!

N.I.C.E. for the Olympics for sure!

No comments: